Monday 18 March 2013

Manga Recommendation #7 - You're My LovePrize in Viewfinder

おはよう lovelies!
You want more manga?!! MORE?!
OKAY!
I'll do this one because it was updated today and i'm happy (◕‿◕✿) 

Genre: Yaoi, Action, Drama,
Basic Plot:
This manga is so long and it's still ongoing as far as I know.
I like this description, it's is similar to mine but more detailed so : 
While out on assignment trying to document the illegal activities of the Japanese underworld, photographer AkihitoTakaba crosses paths with the dark and mysterious leader Asami. Asami takes Takaba captive in an attempt to subjugate and possess him. But when the son of the Chinese mafia enters demanding evidence that Takaba may have, will Takaba be able to survive being caught in the crosshairs of a deadly underworld feud?
 x
 My Thoughts
This manga is always met with such opposing responses, some love it and some really hate it.
I actually really enjoy this series.
I find the characters to be very complex, and well established.
Akihito is not the typical effeminate uke that we see all the time in other yaoi mangas, he's really quite strong and independent and he deals well with Asami's abuse.
My opinion of Asami constantly change, at the beginning I really couldn't stand him, I found him cold,  abusive and often cruel. But after a few chapters...i'm not sure why but i started to warm to him, maybe it's because Akihito started to warm to him too...? I don't know. Asami is like the king of all Semes which probably tells you everything you need to know..!
Throughout the manga you can see their relationship change and develop: at the start Asami treated Akihito as an object, like a toy that he could play with...or so he thought, but because of Akihito's resilient nature Asami saw him as something different and not as some meaningless human he could sexually take advantage of (or so I think)
Feilong is a character with many levels...I think out of all of them, he is the most complex, and my favourite!~

This manga is definitely one of the more 'hardcore' yaoi mangas i've ever read. Many people can't look past the 'rape' in this but if I'm totally honest...there is way more consensual sex in ViewFinder than there ever was in Okane ga Nai! But I don't want to compare the two.

I love the artwork, Ayano Yamane's style is one of the very best in my opinion ^^
I don't like the anime...it's not really an anime it's an animix...and I personally don't like that.

So...to conclude, I like this manga, it is one of my favourite, there are some things in it which are designed to shock and be hard to read so I would advise you read it cautiously...
That being said...READ IT! ;D


* also called Finder no Hyouteki, Finder no Ori, Finder no Sekiyouku, Finder Series, Love Prize, Love Surprise, Target in the Finder, ViewFinder

No comments:

Post a Comment