Saturday 13 July 2013

A Story of My Childhood

Let me tell you a short story.
10 years ago I was 8 years old. I was in primary school, in the UK when it's summer and you're in primary school you usually spent 1 afternoon a week swimming. We would spend around 3/4 of the time doing skill practices and then the rest of the time playing games (water polo etc.) then at the end we would all line up at the side of the pool so we could get out in an orderly fashion...because this is England yo.

ONE SUNNY SUMMERS DAY IN JULY IN THE YEAR 2003 we were lining up ready to get out of the pool. I was the last one in this line. Because the kids in the pool are primary school children and they range in height, the pool is pretty damn shallow so even at 8 everyone could stand up and the water would only just go past their waist (on average). So I get bored of kinda floating in the water waiting to get out...so I stand up for a bit and I feel this sharp pain in my right foot. I was like "dafuq is that!?!?" so I look down expecting to see some giant jellyfish or something - y'know because I'm 8, but I don't see anything so I resume floating.

When it's my turn to get out of the pool I step up onto the ladder and look down at my feet...I notice A BUTT LOAD OF BLOOD on the steps. So I'm trying to work out where it's coming from...so I lift up my right foot and sure enough...It's pouring out of my foot.
The teacher is pretty concerned, gets my towel from the changing room and then wraps it around me..the pretty cool thing about this part is that I totally got a piggyback from one of the teaching assistants WIN.

The next few hours are a bit of a blur all I remember is that it hurt so badly but I totally took it like a boss and did not cry.

Next thing I know I'm in hospital with my mum while this doctor stabs my foot with a big ass needle and then yanks the huge piece of glass out of my foot, of course at this point I'm thinking is pulling the bones out of my foot it hurts so much (Numbing the area my ass IT HUUUUURT)
So to make a kinda longish story a little bit shorter. I stood on a piece of broken glass in the school swimming pool and my foot hurt like hell.

Why am I telling you this I hear you reluctantly ask.
Well..yesterday I was wandering around my kitchen where my mother dropped a glass earlier in the day.
You guessed it.
I stood on ANOTHER piece of glass.
This time I didn't got to hospital, my mum calmly removed the huge piece of glass (I'm not exaggerating this time...it was pretty big!~) out of the heel of my right foot. Oh sweet mother of god it hurt so much!!

The reason why I'm telling you all about this is that it's  pretty damn weird that the first time I got glass in my foot was 10 years ago in July and the second time THE SAME FOOT (sure a different place...) THE SAME MONTH.
10 YEARS APART.
Which makes me think....
a) Is this just some freaky coincidence as said up there...?
OR B) IS THIS SOME CRAPPY 10 YEAR THING SO WHEN I'M 28 I'M GONNA STAND ON A PIECE OF GLASS AGAIN AND POSSIBLY DIE BECAUSE THAT'S USUALLY HOW THINGS GO??!!

Oh T.T

Now that I've done story time...It's photo sharing time!
Woo!!~
I was reading my driving theory book and this beautiful lady showed up

30degreesC today and I was in town sweating my ass off.
Cloudy but give it 2 hours and that happens //points to next picture//

"I wandered lonely as a cloud..."

I downloaded The Sims on my phone - probably the best decision I ever made.
but anyway, these two sexy bros are totally doing it while this guy watches a movie HOW PERFECT IS THAT~ I laughed a lot longer than is socially acceptable :D

1 comment:

  1. Uhhh standing on glass?! THAT IS TERRIBLE! haha maybe you're cursed.

    ReplyDelete