Monday 1 July 2013

Theme Park AND crappy quality videos!!!

Theme parks are pretty fabulous places, I don't know about you guys but I love roller coasters. On Thursday 3 of my friends and I went to the Theme park called Alton Towers. It took us over 2 hours to drive (my friend drove and we stopped for a break a few times), he picked us up at 7.30/8am and when we got there just past 10am. I rode shotgun..if anyone cares ;)

When we got there it was kinda sunny, 2 of my friends had these voucher things which got them half price but in the end we had to pay something like £98 to enter this theme park. DATS A LOT OF MONEH.

We got a map and wandered around, we saw that the new ride The Smiler had a queuing time of 3 and half hours so we decided to wait until later in the day because the queues would have died down a bit...or so we hoped.

We went on some swingy ride thing...it was kinda cool except these tween girls decided to push in front of us so we had to wait until the next ride, I swear one of my friends was so close to beating the crap out of them. She gave them death glares and hoped that their safety harness thing would loosen a bit...not gonna lie, this concerned me a bit ahaha.

Anyway after we finally got on this ride and got swung around and turned upside down - my hair went crazy by the end - we moved on and joined a queue for another ride...Oblivion I think(?) we were there for around 1 hour and half before it started to rain and we were a long way from getting on the ride.
My friend turned around and saw that one of the cart things was actually stuck...on the track. Moderately freaky.

It got to around 2pm and we were so bored of standing in a line that wasn't going to go anywhere and because the line close at 4pm and the queue time for The Smiler is probably still around 3 hours like before.
Sooooo my friends and I cut out of the line and waltzed towards The Smiler.

We spent a grand total of 3 hours and 42 minutes waiting in the rain before we could go into....y'know that part where you're so close to being able to go on the ride you can taste it? Like you're centimetres away from the cart...waiting until it's empty? IT TOOK US 3 HOURS+ TO GET TO THAT POINT!
We should have been pissed off....but we were actually really excited.
The ride was epic!!!!!

I would say the wait was worth it but...no. No ride is worth waiting over 3 hours for especially if it only lasts a few minutes!~
But after we got off we were all buzzing, we decided to go on another ride!

We saw 1 ride that people were still queuing for so we joined the line.
As we were nearing the front...we saw a lot of people leaving. I asked this guy what was going on and he said that there was a problem and they're waiting for a technician which could take up to an hour.
There was a formal announcement saying that they're trying to get the ride working again. My friends and I discussed whether we should leave and forget about it or wait it out. We decided to wait 20 minutes and see what happens.
Luckily enough in around 15 minutes the ride was up and running again ^^

Things that annoyed me

We went on Thursday. Thursday is a week day. Children go to school on weekdays. WHY WAS THERE SO MANY PRE-PUBESCENT CHILDREN WANDERING AROUND? Go to school!

We spent 7 hours at this theme park and went on 3 roller coasters. I think we spent 10 minutes in total actually ON A RIDE.

SO. EXPENSIVE.


All in all. The road trip there and back was much more fun ;D I rode shotgun on the way there and on the way back I gave my position to my friend so I could sit in the back and talk about dramas, films and drag queens with my other friend.
GOOD TIMES!!!



You know what they say "Photos or it didn't happen"
HOW ABOUT VIDEOS?!!! ;D

2 comments:

  1. That "uh ohhh" On the first video is so sweet! You make really cute noises ^-^
    Make more videos ne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahah thank you ^#^ If that is what you want, I'll do it~

      Delete