Sunday 17 May 2015

Rainbows & Tears (Takumi-kun 2: Extra Feelings)

It's that time again! I'm having flashbacks to my adolescence...ha I act as if that was a while ago....it wasn't, I'm still young I promise....aNYWAY

I'm re-watching Takumi-kun 2 AKA Nijiiro no Garasu.
I'm not even 3 minutes in and I had a moment...freaking Gii walking into the class and kissing Takumi....I was ready for it and it still got me in the feels.

I remembered what frustrated me about the Takumi-kun series. Now before you all freak out I do love them, they were among the first 10 BL films I ever saw, so they have a special place in my heart. But anyway the thing that frustrated me was Takumi and his over use of Gii's name. For a main character his lines are limited to "Gii.." and "...eh?"

Speaking of Gii....he's such a shit to Takumi in this series. It actually bothers me how much of a shit he is! Getting all angry at Takumi for saying something, then getting him to invite some first year kid to a party without telling him why and then having the cheek to say "every party needs a beauty". I mean I get that he was doing it for Suzuki but hiding everything from Takumi is not right. No wonder Takumi feels so jealous!

But upon the reveal of Gii's intentions with the party we learn that not only is Gii a shit, but he's a sneaky shit.❤️️

I wonder if the school has a cleaner that cleans the students' bedrooms...because Gii clearly doesn't make his bed  (exhibit A)

 but the beds are clearly made (exhibit B)
That's the type of things I think about when watching these movies.

The part when Takumi decides that he wants to learn more about Gii by becoming interested in what his interests, similarly to how Morita started looking at Fractals because Suzuki liked Fractals, is kinda sweet, but freakin hilarious! It seems Gii is interested in Protecting Shareholder Value as he's reading a book that is a guide to "Managing financial market risk". Oh man I'm dying. You can by the same book Gii has on Amazon for just $12, but the delivery charge is a big high, let's not forget the shipping charge if you're from the UK like me ^^;

I don't care how old you are or how much "hard BL" you like. That sex scene is adorable and you'd have to be dead not to love it.

Side note...I loved the mini English lesson, Abraham Lincoln reaching puberty...what was that even about?! ahha

The ending was really lovely, really really sad. But really lovely. Morita! Running all that way and not being able to go inside, I feel for him, I do. But that was such a perfect end, after Suzuki sees the light on the ceiling he turns to the door and imagines Morita being there next to him breAKS MY HEART.

Jeeeez, I get way too emotionally invested in these films ^^;;

But it is really interesting doing these 'updated' posts, to see what type of things I liked 3 years ago compared to what I like now...really interesting.
In the original post I was complaining a lot about Takumi lacking a backbone and not calling Gii out on his shit, but now I'm more irritated with Gii actually being a shit ahaha ^^;;

You're probably thinking "hey wtf...why haven't you updated Takumi-kun 1?" ...or not.
But the reason why I haven't done that one is because I actually updated that, I can't remember when, sometime last year, let me check my twitter.

Oh. Okay so it was in 2013...wow... but that doesn't matter it's still relatively recent?!
But unfortunately (or not?) there isn't an extra feelings post...oh dear ahahaha.


Anyway I will leave you now, for I have to update the official Takumi-kun summary (official meaning...on my blog, not official as in actually official...I WISH ahah)

[INH] post: HERE

1 comment: