Thursday 20 June 2013

Extra Feelings - Boys Love 2

Scroll to the bottom to see the reasoning behind my rating.

BOYS LOVE - A Schoolboy Crush
(or as I like to call it: Boys Love 2)

★★★★★★ out of 10

Commentary
[0.21] Oh fabulous quotes like the last one...loving the continuity
[0.38] NUDITY ALREADY?! Good start!

[1.21] The first time I saw this I was like "OMG TAISHIN!!!!" But nope...same actor different character - don't get confused!
[1.27] I forgot how beautiful Sora is...ahhh lucky Aoi
[1.59] Aww poor guy :'( But still getting dumped then sleeping with the gorgeous Sora...things could have been a lot worse!

[2.43] AWWWWWWW if Aoi doesn't take him up on that offer I WILL!

[3.23] Burning memories? Your suit is going to smell like smoke
[3.50] Alrighty everyone this is a concrete example of bullying. Poor Ichiyo is being victimised and mistreated by those guys - especially Riku. Putting words in his mouth "yes I wanted to carry it" NOOO AOI DO NOT ALLOW THIS! Guys, if you see anything like this happen you have the obligation as a human being to stand up for that person.

[4.18] I like how they greet their students. More schools should be like this one. Maybe its just because its the start of the year....I don't know.

[5.02] I dont know why but I find it really hard to pronounce 'aoi' 
[5.50] SO PRETTY!!!! SORAAAA

[6.05] Look at that lovely smile, and Aoi is just internally freaking out.
[6.38] Everyone is talking about him because he's so pretty.

[7.15] Strict about private life  A.K.A You're not allowed any!

[9.09] I really don't like rivalry...I find rivalry and jealousy are too closely linked
[9.32] BECAUSE YOU'RE SO PRETTY

[10.02] Eugh Riku I hate you. 
[10.42] YES YOU ARE BEING BULLIED :'((((

[11.58] OMG i really like Ichiyo, he's like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!"

[13.29] I can't sneak to save my life, Sora has a fierce talent.

[14.00] Ah Aoi you're such a kill-joy 

[15.32] I find this scene really cute, the other students wanting to know more about Sora, and Ichiyo being popluar because of it
[16.22] I find this cute as well! Even thought Sora is slightly irritated by his admirers

[17.13] Any excuse to dive on Ichiyo, Riku I know your game.
[17.39] LOVE THIS PART TOO

[18.19] Can you all feel the cuteness radiating from this scene?!?!!?
[18.44] WOO SHOWER SCENE I mean...hygiene is important...Well done guys...

[20.29] ohhh Aoi don't freak out! I love it when Ichiyo says "the theory of evolution" (and when Sora says it later]

[22.28] Drinking with your fellow teachers....love it.

[24.05] More sexy sport times?! YAY

[24.51] I have no idea what that says but I like what's written on the back.

[25.40] I LIKE THIS PART! Aoi is so worried about the teachers finding Sora's phone and seeing his number. He's so cold.

[27.33] I don't like this part...Aoi is clouded by his worry he makes such an awful scene!

[29.30] Okay everyone my favourite part is quickly approaching. Aoi is searching for Sora's phone is his room - he finds a hell of a lot of money.

[31.12] This is my favourite part! Hiding under the bed - Sora...taking total advantage of the situation. And he gives Aoi a book WITH HIS PHONE IN!! Ah the wonderfulness of this scene is just too high to explain. Aoi totally could have stopped all of the problems himself if he had taken the book 

[33.58] I'm sorry Sora but that was too cold.

[36.55] Go away Riku I hate you

[37.45] Dont they close the curtains at night?!

[39.18] Ohhhhh Sora you told him!!! Stupid Riku thinking he can get whatever he wants just because his father is rich

[42.58] Noooo stop fighting! But...continue because Riku is an ass and he deserves everything he gets

[43-44 ] :(((( 

[50.00] Ichiyo NO. what are you doing. Stop! Sora you should have turned off your phone to save the battery...you silly boy :)

[55.20] This scene is lovely, I just adore how happy Sora is. Aoi you have made a beautiful young man super happy.

[57.25] Ichiyo did badly? and has now become depressed.

[59.55] See now Ichiyo that's your first mistake...You should never look at other people's phones without their permission

[1.00.36] Oh you did not just slap Ichiyo! Aw he loves him - but you still didnt have to slap Ichiyo

[1.01.20] OMG ICHIYO YOU'RE INSANE!
[1.01.50] Okay I know Riku is a complete ass but..he totally ran in there and stopped him.

[1.03.55] Well...to be fair Riku, you weren't exactly kind towards Ichiyo. I think Sora made a pretty valid assumption.

[1.06.13] I love English lessons, they make me so happy.
[1.06.56] Is Riku sad because he no longer has Ichiyo to torment, or he actually cares for him and  misses him.

[1.08.06] Sora is so pretty!
[1.08.46] Ichiyo!? You look insane :\

[1.09.32] And this everyone is how you make someone feel like an object - throw money at them and demand they sleep with you. Hell I'm offended on behalf of Sora.
Ichiyo if you really wanted to sleep with Sora you shouldn't have done that.

[1.12.00] This really shows a deeper level to their relationship.
And now I'm having completely mixed emotions towards Riku. Yes he is a complete arrogant bastard (excuse my language) who uses his wealth to manipulate the school systems and his peers. He belittles Ichiyo. But at the same time, Ichiyo revealed that when they were younger Riku used to comfort him whenever he cried showing that this assface wasn't always a dick (sorry again). At Ichiyo's funeral Riku is deeply affected

[1.14.56] again...no idea what this says.

[1.17.20] It's all downhill from here.

[1.23.40] Okay even as I write this I can feel myself about to cry. I have no idea why this affects me so much, but seeing Sora so happy to finally find his little brother only to see that he doesn't remember him just tears me apart.

[1.29.53] Aoi with a biscuit in his mouth is so cute, just a little brightness to an otherwise sad part of the film.

[1.38.09] OMG IT'S TOTALLY A DATE
[1.38.55] I hate this scene. More than any other scene in any film ever. Everything was going so well, Aoi and Sora has a good relationship, Sora was back at school, everything was good!Until Riku makes Sora believe that they are starting again... a fresh start, they would be friend's for Ichiyo's sake. When in actual fact this manipulative little bastard he was just biding his time. He honestly blamed Sora for Ichiyo's death and took it upon himself to 'punish' him. Whatever positive feelings that formed in the past 15 minutes have just been annihilated. Seeing Sora is a comatose state not only affected Aoi, but also nearly made me stop the film and sob for a bit. I'm not the type of person to cry at movies - I hardly ever cry (My friends tell me I am emotionally challenged when it comes to movies) but there is something truly horrific about this film that just rips my heart up into tiny pieces.

[1.46.30] I can't put into words how much hatred I feel towards Riku. Doing something like that to another human is worse enough, but to then brag about it. I'm so happy Aoi kicked his ass.

[1.50.00+] Okay this is the part of the film where I break down - not because I'm sad but because I'm so undeniably happy.
Just when you think that nothing more could possible happen to make you have such a strong emotional reaction, the two main characters share a beautifully pure kiss. My heart leapt out of my chest. That is such a lovely way to end a film.


Why 8 out of 10?!
Well, I was affected so much more by this film than Boys Love - in Boys Love it was only really the end that evoked sadness within me. But in this film, I was left feeling emotionally exhausted at the end! I was sad, I was angry, FURIOUS even, I sympathised with the characters, but in the last few minutes I was so happy. I think it's very hard to capture so many emotions and make the viewer feel so many different things in one film without it being disjointed.
Like I said in the previous post, I really don't like feeling sad. In Boys Love I felt really sad, but this film seemed to affect me more and I have no idea why.
I don't know If I should compare this film and it's predecessor, there were just so many similarities between the story lines and the aspects of both of those films for me not to compare them.

To view the original post click HERE

1 comment:

  1. I watched this a few years ago and I rather liked Riku =)) I was a bit shocked at his revenge method though. But since then I have read too much boys love materials with even more horrid plot devices so I guess I'm shock proof now.

    Btw do you have any idea which opera song was played at Ichiyo's funeral? I recognize it is the same piece in Detective Conan movie 12 but I can't find the name.

    ReplyDelete