Tuesday 16 April 2013

I hate my school.

I study A-Level French, as you know when studying a language there are 4 areas that are assessed: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
Today I had my speaking exam.

I cannot begin to describe how crap my school is.
Firstly, we are all emailed our exam timetables, usually there are some alterations for the written exams but never for the speaking exams. The speaking exams are set in stone.
Or so I thought.

The timetable said my French speaking  exam was on Thursday 18th at 11.00 am. However, during class we have to sign a piece of paper saying that we've received our time and date, the time had changed, so I asked my teacher if this date was the official date, or if my timetable date was correct. She told me that whatever I signed for was the correct date. So, my exam moved from 11.00 am to 9am.

On Sunday evening I receive an email from my French teacher who wished us all (my class) good luck for the exam and she will see us on Wednesday when all the exams are over.
I thought "HOLD UP GURL, mine is on Thursday....??"
So I email the head of French to confirm that my exam WILL be on Thursday 18th at 9am.
No reply.

All I can say is THANK THE LOOOORDD that I saw the head of French Monday morning as I queued for my Spanish class. I asked her about it, she said she didn't receive my email but informed me that my exams was not on Thursday but "Tomorrow at 9am"

I thought "TOMORROW?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!"
Although I had done preparation over the break, I was in no position to do the exam in under 24 hours time. Especially since I thought I had 2 more days to do be completely ready.
So I spent the ENTIRE EVENING after school locked in my room speaking French to my laptop and recording questions that I had to respond to.

Fortunately, my intense French revision paid off and the exam went well.
But I was so pissed off at my school. You don't change the date of someone's exam AND NOT INFORM THEM.
I am so thankful my teacher emailed the class and put doubt in my mind. Without that I wouldn't have asked the head of French and I would have missed my speaking exam and got a U (fail).

My school sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment