Thursday 26 February 2015

Day 43 - Heard It Through The Grapevine

I just watched episode 1 of Korean drama Heard It  Through The Grapevine.
If you were wondering just how much drama you can fit into 1 hours worth of drama the answer is  HELLA.

I swear to god. THEDRAMAINTHISDRAMA.
There was literally so much packed into it, I had a really hard time functioning.

The problem I have with korean dramas is that there are many many episodes and usually they're relatively long.
A bit like Taiwanese dramas- dont get me wrong I love watching them. But...I don't have a very high level of commitment.
I find that (romantic) Taiwanese dramas generally throw random 'extras' in that no one really cares about just to fill an episode. Oh great! She has a cold and he is telling her to look after herself! Wonderful! However we already established that he is a caring guy within the first episode...no need to spend the next hour hammering that home. WE GET IT!

From  what I've seen, Korean dramas don't have  random scenes like that in....they're just too long for me, 20 episodes on average....I've lost interest around episode 10.

Japanese dramas however....usually have 12 episodes. They get to the point and still have relatively well developed characters.
I do love a good Japanese drama~
*cough* Haruma *cough*

Going back to the actual point of this post.
Heard It Through The Grapevine  looks really good, I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it....but Lee  Joon *swoons*

No comments:

Post a Comment